2nd weekly reflection

 Monday, May 22

    This week went pretty well. We got a shipment out to Africa which I was very happy about and I did many other things. The shipment going to Africa was a lot of hard work to put together, but when we were done, the feeling was amazing. I felt like we accomplished something amazing for a town in Africa. Many people will get bikes and be able to use them for transportation and all sorts of things. I am happy that I was able to take part in helping pack the shipment to Africa. It was an amazing experience meeting the guy from Sierra Leone. 


What I accomplished and the team accomplished over the last week was amazing. We worked on bikes from 7 - 8 hours a day and unloaded many bikes as well as packing a shipment to Africa. I had fifty bikes get picked up for donation. I was amazed at how we could fit all the bikes into the trailer. The feeling of accomplishing those things is amazing. I was super happy to be able to work on bikes, because usually I just ride them and never get to fix anything. The bike pickup went super well and I was really happy that was able to happen. Even though Working Bikes has around 6,000 bikes in their warehouse and fifty bikes  doesn’t seem like a lot


Working with Working Bikes Collective over the last two weeks has been amazing. I thought it was really fun and interesting to learn about fixing bikes. Working Bikes is a really cool group of people and it was super fun to work with them. I love to ride bikes, so learning how to fix them and being able to get bikes out to people in need of them is an amazing feeling and I hope they love biking too. At the end of this project, I thought it was really fun, but also I thought about other ideas I could have done. Thus project was amazing and I did something good for the world. The bike shipment out to Africa made me happy and seeing the bikes I collected hopefully sent either to South America or to Africa is also really cool. Thank you for being able to do this project it was amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st week reflection

Senior Project day 4