1st week reflection

 The first week of senior project was fun and also hard work. To recap the week, I collected bikes from properties, put the bikes into one big bike room, and went to the organization and worked on some bikes. Now for the next week I will obviously be going back to work at the organization for more days, then the donation happens and I am pretty sure there is a ride I might be doing. Working at the organization was interesting, every Tuesday through Friday from 11-5 there are spots to volunteer and work on bikes for donation. Working Bikes mission is to give out bikes to peopel in need of them. So mountain bikes will mostly go to Africa and some to South America and the road bikes will stay in Chicago. My mission was to repair bikes and donate them to the organization and then give them out to peopel in need of them. I love to ride bikes if it’s mountain biking and road biking and I would like to share that experience with others as well. 


I thought that one of the hardest parts was going to be collecting the bikes, and it was hard, but it went smoothly. Collecting the bikes from different buildings took a couple of days and a lot of time. After the bikes were all collected into one big room for bikes, I would start looking at the bikes to see how much work would need to be done. Since the organization was going to be giving out 200 kids bikes, I got a couple of kids bikes and then later that day, I brought them over to the organization. From 11 - 3 I worked on these two kids bikes one by one going through the checklist they gave me. 


I think the project is exciting and good for the people around me. I believe that it will help people around the world have a way of transportation. Biking has made life fun and it is also an easy way to get around places. My first week I didn’t too to much, but my second week I will doing the ride, donating forty bikes and working more at the organization. I am very excited to keep this project going and finish it out strong. 


Comments

  1. Ian, I loved reading your reflective thoughts about your first week of senior project. The project you are doing will help lots of people like you mentioned to have a means of transportation, and to have for their enjoyment. It is wonderful that you chose to share your passion of mountain biking, and are making it accessible for some people who might not have the funds to purchase a bike of their own. I am proud of you and can't wait to hear more about what you are doing. Nice job so far, Ian. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian! Looks like you are working hard and having fun. If you get the chance, take some photos! I'd love to see some included in your blog! Just one more week until you are back on campus! WOW time sure flies! Enjoy the time and keep doing good things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2nd weekly reflection

Senior Project day 4